Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Unaccompanied Baggage

Today was unaccompanied baggage pick-up day. It is the first of three stages of our moving process. We are allowed up to 1000 pounds in this shipment and we were told it will go by boat and arrive in about three weeks. We got together some items that will keep us happy until our household goods arrive (that will get packed up in two weeks). Seeing the guys here packing up some of our stuff has made this move to Germany very real to me. I think I am still a little in denial about the whole thing. It has been so nice living here and it will be a sad day when we board the plane to fly to another country. But, the Army says we need to go to Germany so to Germany we will go. I just need to look at the bright side and enjoy the adventures that await us.


5 comments:

Little wonders said...

You will have many wonderful adventures in Germany!!! We will miss you all, but look how fast 2 years goes by? Anyone with children knows it seems like the blink of an eye!!! I wonder if those movers knew they'd be on such a great blog?? :)

Grandma Hedy said...

I wish you didn't have to go!Gretchen will be almost as big as Katriana is when you come back. Still, enjoy the experience. Maybe Gretchen will call me Oma.

Andi said...

What a day filled with emotions. What did the kids think of all the stuff going on the big truck?

Joey said...

I know we'd send our train set to be ready for us too. You are so organized Kari!

H W said...

Kari, I'm going to be in Germany/France this summer for school, and I will have a little time to travel on my own. I was just wondering where exactly in Germany you will be living and if you have any suggestions for me, being my first time abroad. If it's easier for you to email me, my address is hayley.wolf@mu.edu. Thanks!

p.s. I enjoy following your blog!