Thursday, February 18, 2010

Face Painting

I explained all about Fasching in Germany in my previous post. It is HUGE over here. Some people say it is the fifth season. There are parties going on everywhere. Last week Josef's Kindergarten celebrated Fasching as well. All week long the teacher painted the faces of the kids and then on Friday the whole school had a big Fasching party. The kids all came to school in their costumes ready to party. There was festive music playing and the kids got to eat bratwurst, hotdogs and other sweets in celebration. The school was rockin'!!

Back to the face painting.....usually Josef won't let anyone paint anything on his face. On Tuesday when I took him to school we saw his teacher painting kids faces. I told him maybe he should give it a try as it might be fun. He wanted nothing to do with it and when I picked him up from school he was still the same old Josef. On Wednesday I had no expectations that Josef would join in the face painting and was shocked when I picked him up from school and he looked like this:





Pirate Josef! Arghhhhh.




He thought that the face painting was pretty fun after he tried it. On Thursday he looked really cute with the big spiderweb and spider on his face.




Friday was party day and Josef deviated from his knight costume and wore a cowboy costume instead. Yee Haw!! His teacher did a pretty good job and making his face look like he was a rootin' tootin' cowboy.






There is still more Fasching to come!! It's not over yet! Stay tuned!
(I also have to write about our exciting weekend).

5 comments:

Little wonders said...

Oh, I love all of Josef's different looks but I think that cowboy Josef is my favorite! Glad he enjoyed the face painting and I'm looking forward to reading about your exciting weekend!!

Auntie Nicki said...

That Josef is such a ham! I'm glad he got into the face painting. What fun!

Joey said...

Wow, Josef looks so grown up all of the sudden. And so handsome!

Andi said...

That's great that Josef didn't miss out on the face painting fun! He must have so much fun at school. I agree with Joey...your little Josef is getting to be such a big guy!

Grandma Hedy said...

Whatever face Josef wears, those beautiful eyes shine through!