Thursday, May 20, 2010

Daisy Scouts

Daisy Scouts is done for this year and to celebrate all of the girls accomplishments the leaders organized an end-of-year ceremony and celebration! They did an awesome job! The girls earned 7 out of 11 petals this year.



This is the cute program one of the leaders made for the event.



They made this big daisy on the floor that was cute.



Isn't this the cutest? One of the leaders made these daisy cupcakes and decorated a cake with them. What a creative idea!



All of the girls got to wear (and keep) these daisy headbands.




These are our fearless leaders - Jessie and Amanda. They really did a wonderful job with the girls! Sadly, they are both PCSing so next year we'll have new leaders. I was going to volunteer but a couple of other ladies beat me to the punch, so I will just help out when I can.



All of the beautiful Daisy Scouts from Troop 109!



Here are some scenes from the ceremony. The girls all received certificates, sang some songs and did one last "hand-squeeze" circle.















After the ceremony we all enjoyed some pizza and cake.




Great job Katriana!! Be proud to be a Daisy!!!



We look forward to being in Daisy Scouts again next year!!

7 comments:

Grandma Hedy said...

Such beautiful daisies!!

Joey said...

I want to be a Daisy Scout!!

Little wonders said...

You have such a lovely little daisy! It looks like lots of fun!! Love those cupcakes too!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Katriana! What a beautiful cermemony with cute ideas. Laura still has her Daisy vest (and Brownine vest and Junior vest).

Andi said...

I want to be a Daisy Scout, too! Looks like sure a fun time. I'm glad Katriana gets to be part of scouting.

Carol said...

What are the petals on the cupcakes? Mints? Always looking for cute but easy cupcake ideas... :)

Kari said...

Carol - the petals are mini marshmallows cut at a diagonal. Another variation is to put sprinkles on the sticky side of the marshmallow and have colored flowers. Daisies are white so she just left them white.