It is a neat castle to see, but again, I could not take pictures inside. Some of the rooms we saw were the dining room, Ludwig's bedroom and dressing rooms, the Queen's rooms and the guest rooms. In Ludwig's bedroom you get a taste of some his extravagance during that time. He had a ceiling with stars cut of out it and at night the servants would go up a story and light candles so the stars would twinkle. There was a also a moon on the ceiling that would light up and you could change it into the different phases. Ludwig also had this huge telescope he would use to watch the construction of Neuschwanstein.
You can see Neuschwanstein in the background here.
That was the tour of the Royal Castles in Fussen. From here we drove through the Austrian Alps to our destination of Garmisch, Germany. Our next stop is Innsbruck, Austria........so stay tuned :-)
4 comments:
What a wonderful adventure. The kids looked like they were having a ball!
The castles are beautiful but aren't nearly as wonderful as the pics of those Lil Wolf Pups! :)
I can't believe how beautiful your pictures are. And, I can't wait to see more of your trip. It seems like just a wonderful time so far.
I love your photos! Each one was better than the one before. Thank ou for sharing!
Post a Comment