Monday, January 24, 2011

Daddy Doll

During this deployment I don't want the kids to forget about Aaron and what he looks like, especially Gretchen (you may recall she called him "Grandpa" for the longest time after the last deployment and wanted nothing to do with him).  She has come a long way in her relationship with her Daddy and I don't want it to backslide so we found something special.  

Since we don't have daddy here to hug we have the next best thing..........Daddy Dolls!   Each of my kids has their own special Daddy Doll to hug and take with them wherever they want.




Daddies everywhere!!




The kids really like them and sleep with them every night.   It's a nice way to keep Daddy close.















Don't you think Aaron makes a pretty cute doll?  If you can't hug the real Daddy this is the next best thing.

5 comments:

Grandma Hedy said...

What a great idea. I bought myself a WW1 composition soldier to restore in Aaron's honor. It is so nice for the kids to have a hands-on Daddy!

Auntie Nicki said...

That is so cool! Can I get one, too! I don't get to hug my brother much any more!

Joey said...

I LOVE this! I might steal the idea. Did you get one to hug too??

Little wonders said...

Love it! A couple of my friends have done this and it's really helped!

Jean said...

Does Mommy get a doll to hug too? Very sweet idea and much more cuddly than Flat Aaron!