Friday, February 11, 2011

Valentines

Valentine's Day is just around the corner.  While this is not a big holiday for Aaron and I,  Katriana and Josef are both doing Valentine card exchanges in their classrooms.  I remember doing these card exchanges in school too as I'm sure you do!  They were always fun and we would look at what kinds of cards we got from the boys and decide if they "liked" us or not :-)   That could either be a good thing or a bad thing depending on how we girls felt about that particular boy!   Thank goodness my kids are not at that stage yet (I'm not ready) and are just friends with everyone with no crushes.  That day will come.

Anyway, this year we made our Valentine cards and I thought they turned out pretty cute.   We made a bouquet of heart flowers to hand out to friends.






When you turn the flower over you get a treat!  These are ones that Josef made as you can see by his name on all of them.




During my volunteer time in Josef's classroom I helped the kids make Valentine bags in which to collect all of their cards.   They all did a great job, but I didn't get any pictures of them.   Katriana made a Valentine box at home to collect all of hers in.  I wrapped up the box and she decorated it.  She was very proud of making Queen and Princess hearts on the side.  On Monday she will fill it up with all of the love notes from her friends at school.



"Anyone can catch your eye, but it takes someone special to catch your heart." ~Author Unknown


Happy Valentine's Day!!

5 comments:

Auntie Nicki said...

I remember hearing about a special someone that caught the eye of my little brother. When I came to visit him at school, we just had to go over to meet her. I'm so glad she caught his heart, too! It seems like so long ago, but, in reality, it is just time flying by while we're having fun!

Grandma Hedy said...

The best Valentines are those made with love. Katriana and Josef's certainly qualify.

Joey said...

Chris and I aren't so into Valentine's Day either, but it is SO fun for the kids. I think the crafty part of the day is so fun too! Thanks for showing us what you did!

Little wonders said...

Great Valentines!!! I love the drawings on Katriana's box, too.

Carol said...

So cute!!!