We had a great visit from my sister, Kelli, over spring break! It was nice having someone to give me a bit of a breather from the kids at times. It was also nice to get away from home and do some fun things! We went down to Stuttgart for a few days and did some fun kid-oriented activities. We went to this fun kids science museum (even I had fun there!), the Wilhelma zoo and to Schloss Ludwigsburg.
I want to share our adventure at the castle with you. I have been to this castle 3 times now and I really did not want to go on the 2-hour long tour again with the kids, but Kelli wanted to see it. Once we were there I discovered a program called "Kinder in the Schloss". I decided to do that with the kids while Kelli toured the castle.
The Kinder in the Schloss program is available at different castles around Germany. It is something new they have started in recent years. On the heels of the royal wedding in England, I thought this would be fun to share with you. The program started with the kids getting dressed up in medieval costumes. Katriana and Gretchen were beautiful Queens or Princesses and Josef was the King.
The girls even got some makeup put on!
Once everyone was dressed in their royal garments, it was time to take turns sitting on the royal throne.
I love this picture of Gretchen on the throne. She is a natural Queen!
Then it was time to play some medieval games. Katriana and Josef really like playing mancala.
After playing games, it was time to learn the proper way to bow before the King or Queen. You need to be proper in the presence of royalty. Josef did really well! Maybe someday my King and Queens can demonstrate the proper bow for you.
Now, on to the feast! They used real china and had a pretend meal with the King (Josef). Now, you can't do anything before the King does it. You must not sit down before the King does or eat until the King does.
You can't end an evening without some entertainment, so we went to the theater! We were shown how the scenery works and how to make sounds for a thunderstorm. I got to make the wind! Then all of the kids went up on stage and put on fairy tale play. It was cute!!
It was great fun to be King and Queen! I hope we can do this program in other castles in Germany!
5 comments:
Thoust King and Queens are much regal and beautious! What heavenly adventures thoust doth hath!
The children make a wonderful royal family. Josef looks like a natural at being a King!
This is fantastic! You've been doing such fun things lately!!
My kids would really love that!! I think they all look really comfortable being royal! :)
May the world bow before the Kings and Queens of our future!
Post a Comment