Wow! My little Gretchen is 4 years old!! My "baby" sure is growing up fast. Too fast!!! I wish she could stay little forever. I love her spunky little personality even with its difficulties at times. She loves to sing and will strike up a song no matter where she is - in the car, at home, in a store, at school......she doesn't care who hears her and just sings her heart out! It's so precious. She is great at pretending and still loves her "Bayba"! Her German is coming along quite well! I think it is good she is the only American child in the German Kindergarten this year. She understands more than she speaks it, but I hope that will get better. A couple of weeks ago we went to a German store and the cashier asked me something in German and I had no clue what she was asking. Gretchen proceeded to tell me the lady wanted to know if I wanted the list (receipt). I was so proud of her. She brings me lots of joy and there is never a dull moment when she is around.
We celebrated her birthday with a small party at our house. She didn't want to invite anyone from her school so we just invited our neighbor friends. We had a rainbow party and I decorated in style!
There was even a rainbow cake.
We made rainbow bead necklaces. Everyone got to wear them and take them home.
There was even a time during a game where the birthday girl got a wee bit upset.
Of course, no party would be complete without a rainbow pinata. You can fit A LOT of candy in one of those!
Time to sing Happy Birthday!
Present time!
She even had a little birthday celebration at school. I made cupcakes for her class and she handed out candy to everyone. In Germany people shake your hand on your birthday so all of her classmates lined up and shook her hand and said Happy Birthday to her. Some kids made her nice pictures and the school gave her a card and a little gift. (The theme for this year is fruits and vegetables so they have all of the birthday gifts hanging from the ceiling in these neat packages.)
The birthday child gets to wear a special crown.
Happy Birthday Gretchen!
3 comments:
Grandma Roshardt would have been so proud and happy for her beautiful German great granddaughter. It is hard to believe that it has already been four years since we went to Kansas to visit our new granddaughter.
Looks like a great party! You did an awesome job!!
Happy birthday Gretchen. Another great party Kari! You should go into business.
Post a Comment