Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Colorful Halloween

The Germans are not into celebrating Halloween like Americans are.  Gretchen's Kindergarten had a Halloween party, and you see a few decorations here and there but that's about it.   We had a new record of 7 kids come trick-or-treating to our house this year.   I'm pretty sure they just went around to all the American housing.   

The garrison does allow trick-or-treating on post, but it is very chaotic and not much fun in my opinion.  We went on post the first year we were here and never went back.    Last year we did a neighborhood party where each house planned out a game or activity and we went house to house for some Halloween fun.   This year not everyone in our neighborhood celebrates Halloween so 4 of us families decided to have a Halloween carnival in lieu of going on post. 

We all decided it would be fun if each family did a theme.    I thought ours was pretty darn cute!!



 





 

Another family dressed up like the angry birds.  Do you know about that game?

 

Then, there was the mob family......

 

And this family was a bit of a modge podge - Viking mom, elderly couple and a cat.


 
The three boys.



Our Halloween feast.   We had more food than this but I didn't take another picture.




No carnival is complete without some games!! 


 

 


 

The biggest Twister board ever! 




 Happy Halloween!










3 comments:

Grandma Hedy said...

They are the cutest crayons I have ever seen.How cute that Mom was dressed as the crayon box!

Little wonders said...

Looks like a super fun night! And I LOVE your costumes...great idea!!!

Joey said...

Great themes. I'm glad you all found a fun way to celebrate!