For a long time now Josef has been wanting to get a pet. I always just dismissed him because it is not a good time to get a pet. I would ask him often that if he could have any pet he wanted what would it be? He faithfully responded the same every time: a fish. A couple of weeks ago Josef went to the allergist to get tested for allergies with a test on his back. After waiting for awhile, the doctor came to check on his back to see the results. It turns out the only thing Josef is allergic to is cats. The doctor and I chatted about this for a bit and then the doctor left. Josef immediately turns to me and says "that's why we need to get a fish!" So, this past Saturday we took a trip to the pet store. If we got a fish I wanted one that was really easy to take care of and I didn't need to purchase tons of supplies for it. Hence, we ended up with this:Meet our new Beta fish....

Rainbow!

He is nice to have around and brings a little sense of peace and tranquility to our active house.
6 comments:
How wonderful! Rainbow is such a beautiful fish. Your family will have lots of fun being this fish's parents.
Beta's are definitely the easiest fish to take care of. I'm so happy Josef finally got his fish! I bet he was too excited.
I'm not sure why it posted under my email address.....
I am glad that Josef got his fish. He was a brave boy to go through with all the allergy tests. I hope Rainbow brightens your day for many days to come. Grandma Hedy
I'm excited about Rainbow, but sad for Josef that he's allergic to kitties! Bummer!
I love the fish! We have managed to keep 3 of our 5 fish alive.... well the first two died before those 5....whoops! But, the last 3, whitie, blackie and catfish (no name) are doing remarkably well. Cleaning the tank is no fun.
Post a Comment