Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Gymnasts

Could we be Olympics bound? Only time will tell. The balance beam, obstacle courses, uneven bars, vault jumping board, trampoline, and rolling forwards, backwards and sideways are just a few of the things that Katriana is "training" to do. She has been in the Y Tumble Superstars for over a year now and is still going strong! She loves being on all of the different apparatices honing her skills. Of course, the social part is not bad either.

Katriana has all of the moves on the uneven bars! She could tell you the names of all of the moves she does like "skin the cat" - I can't quite remember them all. I just enjoy watching!










She has gotten quite good at the balance beam too. She knows how to get up on to the beam, do the dip walk and jump off with a big finish.




After Katriana's class the gymnastics center is open for free play time. We always stay for an hour or two so Josef and Gretchen can brush up on their gymnastics skills too. After all, we can't have just one gymnast in the family!

The most favorite thing to do is to jump into the pit. There are many ways to do this. You can jump off of the trampoline into the pit or slide down the slide and land in the pit or just jump off the edge. Whatever way you look at it the pit is the place to be.

Gretchen also loves to walk on the wide balance beam all by herself.

Team USA - here we come!

4 comments:

Joey said...

I had no idea Katriana was a gymnast. I'll have to ask her to show me some moves next time I see her. Fun!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Katriana! I can't wait to see some of your moves.
Hanging out at the gym looks like so much fun. Such a great way to burn off some energy for all the little people. Can I jump in the ball pit, too?

Anonymous said...

I always thought being "in the pits" was not a fun thing. Obviously it is a great place to be, especially at the gym. Wow, Katriana, I am impressed with all you gymnastic abilities.

Joey said...

Your new banner is so cool! Love it.