Sunday, February 15, 2009

Disney On Ice

Last Friday we went to Green Bay to see Disney On Ice. This is the first time we have been to any kind of show like this. It was pretty good and both Katriana and Gretchen had a wonderful time watching all of the characters ice skate. Poor Josef caught a really bad sick bug and had to stay home with Grandpa. He didn't seem to mind missing it though and got some much needed rest.


Katriana enjoyed an icee from a souvenir Cinderella cup.



Nemo and Dory opened the show! They even got swallowed by Bruce, the big shark!



They told a few stories during the show like Pinocchio, the Incredibles and Toy Story. Here is a scene from Mulan.


Every Disney show must showcase the princesses! Katriana was very observant though and noticed one princess was missing - Aurora. But she was so excited when her very favorite princess skated out. Do you know who it is?


Gretchen enjoyed the spectacle and clapped at all the right times!


One of my favorite Disney songs is "It's a Small World". They did a really good performance of the tune with skaters dressed in costumes from all around the world.


The fireworks shooting out of the castle brought the show to a close.


When I asked Katriana after the show how she liked it her reply was " I LOVED it!"



I hope the magic and wonder that Disney brings will live in their hearts forever.



P.S. Katriana's favorite princess is Ariel aka The Little Mermaid

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful girls" night out. I am sorry that Josef wasn't feeling well. I am glad that you told us Ariel was the favorite princess. Gretchen is such talker. Daddy will be surprised.

Little wonders said...

I remember taking Isabelle to Disney on Ice...such a fun time! I hope Josef is feeling better.

Anonymous said...

What a great night with the girls! I'm sure it was a really great show. That freezy looks yummy!

Joey said...

Yes, what a fun girls' night out. I'm having a little bit of princess envy.