Thursday, February 5, 2009

Happy Birthday Father Bob!

Wednesday was Father Bob's 82nd birthday. He is a retired priest. His housekeeper, Mary, invited us over (along with other neighbors) to celebrate. Katriana was so excited to go to her first "neighbor party." Father Bob and Mary just adore the kids and are very loving and kind to them. Whenever they are outside Katriana and Josef just have to run on over to chat! We will really miss them when we move - they are good friends and neighbors. At the party I announced to them our upcoming move to Germany and Father Bob and Mary were a little shocked! I know they will really miss the kids and the livliness they bring to them and the kids and I will miss them too. We will most definitely have to keep in touch with them.


Mary is always interested in the kids and always gives them goodies.


Father Bob just loves the kids.



Gretchen loves Father Bob's hand-made chair! I could not keep her off of it!


Happy Birthday Father Bob!



We have been blessed to have such wonderful neighbors. We will miss them!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to have such good and kind neighbors. The kids looked like they really enjoyed the big day. Father Bob and Mary are indeed a blessing to all around them.

Anonymous said...

What fun! It looks like everybody had a great time. What special friends.

Little wonders said...

It looked like a very nice day. Gretchen is too cute in Father Bob's chair!