Saturday, January 30, 2010

Scooters and Snow

The other day I went to an excess property sale hosted by MWR (that is Morale, Welfare and Recreation for those not familiar with army acronyms). They sell things like furniture, electronics, toys etc. that they no longer need for really cheap prices. By the time I got there most of the good stuff was already gone, but I did find these really fun roller scooters for the kids for the summer. We walked into the sale and it was one of the first things we saw. I was really surprised they were still there. Maybe people didn't know what they were. I had Katriana along with me and she was excited because she had been on them in her gym class. I grabbed the two that were there and paid only 10 dollars each for them. Quite the deal! When we got home I put one downstairs in our laundry room so the kids could try it out. Okay - I tried it out too!!! Many times! I have to say that it is a lot of fun!!! The kids are going to have to fight me for it this summer when we are outside ;-)






You make it go by moving the handles back and forth. No foot power required. You can get it going quite fast!















Gretchen was very happy just to watch the scooter action and eat Cheetos :-)





We've been getting A LOT of snow lately. Winter has defnitely arrived. The local Germans say they have not see this much snow in a few years. I think it has snowed every day for the last week! School has had a few late starts and the shoveling is starting to get old, but the snow can be fun too! What better way to enjoy it than to go sledding.























I thought I'd share some pictures of our snow. Here are just a few pretty winter pictures of our house and the surrounding countryside.































I hope you are enjoying the winter too!

7 comments:

Joey said...

Very pretty!

Grandma Hedy said...

The snow looks so beautiful. The kids look like they are really enjoying their sledding. It is a great way to burn up all that excess energy from being cooped up. I have never seen a scooter like that!

Andi said...

Cool scooter! Probably a great way to build up some arm muscles. You have way more snow that we do. The kids look like they are having lots of fun sledding. Your house and neighborhood look so nice in the snow. Thanks for sharing!

Little wonders said...

Those scooters are so much fun!! With all the sledding and scooting your kids must be sleeping very well at night! By the way....Gretchen has such an adorable cheeto face :)

Auntie Nicki said...

A Winter wonderland!

Claudia said...

Wish we'd get more snow. No point in it being cold if there isn't snow to enjoy. The snow we have has become that horrible freezy stiff stuff, the sledding hills have bare spots, you can see grass in the backyard. Maybe between tonight and tomorrow the snowfall will whiten up our yard again.

Carol & Scott said...

Did I miss the picture of you trying out the scooter? :)

Your snow is beautiful! Scott and I have been meaning to head up to Northern AZ as they have received tons of snow too, but we haven't made it yet...