Monday, June 28, 2010

KinderFest

This past Sunday was KinderFest at Josef's Kindergarten. As at every kind of German Fest, there was food, beer, and desserts! But the highlight of the afternoon were the little plays that the Kindergarten kids put on. There are three classrooms in the school and every room did their own little skit. It was such a HOT day and all of the kids had to sit outside for an hour for these plays. They were cute, but I thought the show was a little long for small kids.

My German is not very good, so I could hardly understand a thing in the plays. They were all little stories about animals. The costumes were so cute! Josef chose to be a horse - and a mighty fine horse he was!









The honeybees were the first to perform. I think they did the longest play!



Here are the galloping horses! Josef is the dark horse.









I love these stork costumes!



The circle dance of the animals.



Here is our neighbor, Nathaniel - he was fish.



These ladybugs are so cute!



For the finale all of the animals did a big dance.



Our two stars - Nathaniel and Josef.


It was a nice afternoon.......very hot, but nice! The teachers did a great job at making the costumes and Josef was a great horse :-)

5 comments:

Little wonders said...

Such fun! I can't believe how much Josef has grown!

Grandma Hedy said...

I so wish I could have seen Josef perform. The costumes are wonderful. I like your new headline picture.

Godmother Nicki said...

Always something new! Great play, Josef!

Joey said...

Great costumes for sure!

Andi said...

Really neat performance. I'm glad Josef is having fun at school. I like your new banner picture, too.