Thursday, June 17, 2010

Sunset

We have very long days now over here in Germany! The sun does not go down until after 10:00 at night! Having the sun out so late makes it a little difficult to get the kids into bed at a decent hour - they just want to play outside. Thank goodness we have rolladens on the windows! Those are such a great invention - I love them!

I looked outside last night and saw this beautiful sunset. The colors were just gorgeous! Gretchen and I had to go sit outside and look at it for a little while. Enjoy!










7 comments:

Auntie Nicki said...

Beautiful colors!!!
But what is a rolladen?

Grandma Hedy said...

Gorgeous colors! I know you will remember this special sunset for a long time. I hope Gretchen will remember too.

Joey said...

Very pretty! One thing we don't like about our new house is that we don't have a good sunrise or sunset view. I'm glad you could stop to enjoy it.

Little wonders said...

Just beautiful, Kari!! We have been having problems getting our kids to bed at the regular time
(8:00) here too. It doesn't get dark until around 9:30-ish, so the kids want to stay up until then. We're still working on it...too bad we don't have rolladens!

Anonymous said...

Stunning sunset. Wonder if you have the Icelandic volcano to thank for it?

Joey said...

Oooo, I really like your new layout! Especially the header with the kids!!

Little wonders said...

Love the new picture of the kids!!