Our 4th of July weekend was full of fun things with our neighbors. Our small post of Schweinfurt had a little celebration consisting of live music, food and some rides and bounce houses for the kids. That night they put on a fireworks show which was supposed to start at 10:30. Instead of going on post for the show our whole neighborhood convoyed out to a place in the country to watch. We left here at 10:00 and no moree then got to our place when the show started! The fireworks were shooting into the air at 10:15 instead of 10:30. We all got our chairs and snacks out ready to enjoy the show. Then 10 minutes later the show was over. Yes, it was quite a short show, but at least it was something. So we all convoyed back home.The next day we all went on an outing to Schloss Thurn. There are 4 families in our neighborhood now and two vacant houses. It was so much fun to go there with everyone and bond. Schloss Thurn is an amusement park surrounding a castle. I don't know any history about the Schloss and it was not open to go into, but we had a great time at the adventure park! There were hardly any people there so there were absolutely no lines and we could get on everything right away. 
This dragon is the symbol of the park.
Here is the Schloss surrounded by a moat.
The dragon boat took us around the moat.

I caught Gretchen and our neighbor, Mitchell, in a cute moment.
The paddle boats were fun!
Gretchen gave a shot at shooting water at the ball to get it through the maze.
There was a really good knight show they put on. The evil knights had captured the king's sister and brother and now they were fighting to get them back through contests and other things.




This waterbob ride was one of the favorites. There was also a dragon roller coaster but I was too busy going on it over and over to take pictures of it! Anyway, we went on this one quite a few times as well and got a little wet.
Remember, this is a castle so there was also a part of it with animals and gardens.
We are lucky to have such GREAT neighbors and enjoyed this really fun day with them. I wonder what's next?!
7 comments:
Very cool! You are so lucky to get to go on so many awesome adventures! I think that dragon looks more like a green bear with a tail! hehe! :) Glad you had such a fantastic weekend!
It looks like you all had a great time. I love Katriana's beautiful braids.
It looks like you had the whole park to yourselves. Fun!
The kids are getting so big! I can't believe those long beautiful arms and legs that Katriana has! Quite a stunning young lady!
You get to visit such cool places! I'm glad you had a fun 4th weekend.
You get to visit such cool places! I'm glad you had a fun 4th weekend.
You get to visit such cool places! I'm glad you had a fun 4th weekend.
Post a Comment