Monday, January 10, 2011

Goodbye to Daddy

This past Sunday was time to say goodbye to Aaron for awhile.  He is off to Afghanistan for the next year to serve his country and make us proud!  I don't think his absence has quite kicked in yet as we are used to him being gone for the week and then coming back on the weekends.  Right now it still feels like he is going to come back on Friday.  Maybe him doing that for the last 4 months is making this transition a little bit easier, but I'm sure his absence will catch up with us at some point.  Time for me to be a single mother for awhile again!  This is his third deployment but it never gets easier.....
























He is deloying out of Heidelberg (2 hours from here) so we drove him down there, dropped him off, said one more quick good-bye and then drove back home.  No one had tears yet, but I'm sure they will come...




We love you and miss you Aaron!!!  We are proud of you and call you our hero!!!  Stay safe!!

8 comments:

Grandpa said...

Kari, You have a wonderful little family. All will be OK.

Grandma Hedy said...

I can't help but read and cry. Aaron in some ways will always be my little boy. Yet, he looks so strong and confident. Those are wonderful pictures of all of you.

Anonymous said...

A wonderful story and pictures. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you all every day.

Gtandpa Werschem

Joey said...

Those really are great family pictures!! We'll be thinking of all of you. Will you send out his address when you get it?

Kari said...

Joey - yes, of course I will give everyone his address as soon as I have confirmation of one!!

Auntie Nicki said...

My little brother, off to protect our world. I am so proud of you guys!

Little wonders said...

Yes, such great pictures! I wish we were closer so I could help you out!! But I know you will do an awesome job with the kids while Aaron is gone. We are praying for all of you!

Jean said...

We echo all the comments on this page. You all have a very strong support system - both here and overseas. Please don't hesitate to use it. xoxox