A couple of weekends ago the kids had a 4-day weekend so I decided I didn't want to waste it at home. I packed them all up and we headed down to Speyer! Our first stop was the Technik Museum. This museum has any kind of transportation you can think of - cars, bicycles, motorcycles, boats, airplanes, trains and more. The fun part is that you can climb into everything (except the cars) and check everything out. We spend a big part of our day there.
This Lufthansa airplane was a lot of fun to check out! We got to climb around every part of it including the underside where the baggage goes. You can see the railing on the wing - we even got to walk on that.
On the wing of the Lufthansa airplane.
Another fun thing about the Lufthansa airplane was the huge slide!
Josef has always said he wants to be a rocketship driver when he grows up so I was very excited to show him this Russian space shuttle.
We even got to check out the inside of the space shuttle!
It was a lot of fun to climb around this boat too!!
Here is a Russian U9 submarine too. Do you see Josef?
I don't think I could handle living in such a confined space for months at a time like in this submarine.
The museum also had all of these neat contraptions that you could put coins into and they would play their music. This was a neat one.
Speyer is on the Rhine River so I had to stop at the river to show the kids.
What a fun day!
More to come!
3 comments:
That looks like a great adventure! You and the kids are so blessed!
That was a very fun adventure for a long weekend. It must be cool fall weather there too. With Josef's math ability, he just might become an astronaut!
My kids would love that place!! That slide is so awesome! I have no doubt that Josef could be a "rocket ship driver!" when he grows up.
Post a Comment