Sunday, January 8, 2012

New Year

Happy 2012!!    I've been meaning to post pictures from our Christmas, but they wouldn't upload for some reason.  So, it is on to the new year.  We welcomed in 2012 with a 'blast'!   New Year's Eve and day are the only days you can do fireworks in Germany.  They only sell them in the stores for about 3 days and that's it.  So my neighbors and I decided to celebrate in style.  I think we shot off the most fireworks in all of Kronungen!





















Okay, I don't know why I like flocks of sheep but I do.  I think they are pretty neat.   The other day I happened to look out my kitchen window and the field was full of sheep!  Of course Gretchen and I had to go check them out.   It was neat to see the shepherd with his stick and two sheep dogs.











January 6th was Three Kings Day here in Germany.   It is customary for kids to dress up and go house to house.  The sing a song and write a blessing above your front door.  We give them candy and some money. 










This year will bring many changes to our household.  Aaron will be returning home and we have a big move ahead of us this summer.  I don't know where life will take us but are thankful for all of out family and friends for supporting us in our endeavors.  We love you all!!

2 comments:

Grandma Hedy said...

Happy New Year and wishes for all good things in the new Year! Now Gretchen can sing "Baa, Baa Black Sheep" with first -hand knowledge:}

Little wonders said...

Looks like you had a great time celebrating! Very cool to have a flock of sheep out of your kitchen window! Can't wait to find out where you will end up next!