Sunday, January 15, 2012

Welcome Home

We had a surprise this past Wednesday!!  I got a phone call at 10:00 am telling me that Aaron was in Ramstein and someone was going to go pick him up and bring him to Schweinfurt.  I knew he was coming home but was not sure what day, so this was a surprise!  I thought he would have to be in Heidelburg for a week and then I'd have to get him, but they let him come straight to Schweinfurt.

I never said a word about this to the kids.

Around 5:00 Aaron called me and told me he was on post and I should come pick him up.  I gathered the kids and told them we had to run to post to pick up a surprise.  I won a contest from the military hotel in Garmisch in December, so they thought we were going to get it (by the way - I still have not gotten it!).  So we sped off and once we got through the gate on post I told the kids that I saw two soldiers that look like they needed a ride and we should stop.  They still had no idea what was going on.  I pulled into the lot and Aaron ran over and opened the van door where Gretchen was sitting........surprise!!! 

  The kids were so excited and talked off his ear the entire night. 


 

 


 
We are glad you are home!!!

4 comments:

Little wonders said...

We are so very happy, too!! You can see the happiness all over the kids' faces! So glad he is home safe and sound.

Grandma Hedy said...

How wonderful for everyone!

Jean said...

Welcome home Aaron! Such a wonderful surprise and such beautiful photos. Hugs for everyone!!

The Gross Clan ... Autism and all said...

I didn't know about this part until I just saw your blog now.... Awesome idea Kari and I don't know how you kept it in....