Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Josef Turns 7!

I am a little late in posting this, but a special little guy of mine turned seven a short time ago!  He is such a bright, smart kid and his teacher always raves about him.   He is above his level in both reading and math and doing some second grade work.  I am very proud of him.   He LOVES space and reads about it, draws it and hopes to be an astronaut one day.  It would be so great if he could go to space camp when he is older.   Besides being an astronaut, he also wants to be an inventor.  He has high goals and I know he will be able to do whatever he puts his mind to. 

Again, we held his birthday party at the craft center on post. (Those craft people will miss me!)   We had a medival knight them and painted baby dragons hatching our of their eggs.





The party site.




The dragons before they got painted.




The painting has begun!!  Katriana and Gretchen got to paint one too.

















This is Josef and our neighbor, Nathaniel.   They are good buddies.




The finished dragon.



Time for cake.....



... and present opening.




All of the finished dragons.  Can you tell which ones Katriana and Gretchen painted?  They all look pretty good!



This is the best photo I could get of the party group. 




Happy Birthday Josef!!  We love you!!!

5 comments:

Grandma Hedy said...

Wow, Josef is growing up! They all look like they had a grand time. Maybe the little pink ones are beautiful little girl dragons.

Little wonders said...

Another great party. I love those painted dragons! So nice that Aaron could be there, too.

Grandpa Wolf said...

Josef is just the right age to go to Mars in about twenty years when the USA will do it.In the mean time look to the east after sun set and see the red planet.

Joey said...

Happy birthday again Josef. It will be great when Sebastian and Josef can play together again!

The Gross Clan ... Autism and all said...

So beautiful to see these pics. I love that Aaron is in one of them too!!! So glad he is with all of you again. Josef, I can't believe he's 7!!!! Where did the time go Kari, when we were both carrying our Lucas and Katriana and comparing pregnancy notes :)