Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Stitches

Question: What happens when your three-year-old brother lifts you up and tries to carry you somewhere?

A. You laugh and giggle
B. You put up a fight
C. You give him a hug and kiss
D. You get a huge gash on your forehead
E. You get to take an exciting trip to the ER
F. You get 5 stitches
If you answered D, E and F you are correct!

It was an accident. Josef picked her up to carry her somewhere and he fell and slammed her head on the edge of the end table. Overall she did well at the ER even though it was not fun getting strapped down in a papoose and having the doctor sew up your head. Poor Gretchen. After all of that she is back to her old self like nothing happened and she still loves her big brother.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is some big boo-boo! Isn't is amazing how kids bounce back after something like that??!? Save that picture for next Halloween!

Anonymous said...

Poor Gretchen!! That looks so painful. I remember when I had to take her daddy in and get stitches and he had to be strapped to a papoose board. It was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. I hope Josef is okay. I am sure it was all very distressing for him.

Anonymous said...

Poor Gretchen. I've had a few stiches on my face, too. I hope that they heal up so fast. And I hope that poor Josef isn't too upset about it. He is a great big brother and accidents happen.

Little wonders said...

I am in pain just looking at poor little Gretchen's head!! I'm glad she's feeling like her old self. Josef must have felt so bad!

Anonymous said...

Wow, quite the battle scar there. Hopefully it heals up quickly and nicely.

Joey said...

OW!! Big hugs for Gretchen!! And Kari too, I'm sure that wasn't easy.

Chris said...

Wow, that looks painful, but she is already looking tough enough to hang with her rough and tumble cousins...make sure to bring out this picture when she is older...