Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Fabulous Four!

Yesterday was Josef's official birthday. We had a party for him back in February with his cousin. He is now a big 4 year old boy! I can hardly believe it. He is turning into such a little man and is very proud that he can now hold up four fingers when someone asks him how old he is. I have to say that he is a very smart kid, but does still need to improve in the meltdown area. To celebrate his big day we took him out to Chuck E Cheese. He has been looking forward to this for a long time. The kids had a blast (and so did mom) playing games and running around. Our Chuck E Cheese replaced all of their games with brand-new ones so we all had fun trying them out.


My proud 4-year-old



I think the favorite thing for the kids to do is to crawl through the tunnels. Josef would never stop long enough for me to get his picture, but I got one of Katriana.


Gretchen did not like riding in the car with Chuck E.


But she did like the little slide!


There was this neat machine where you sit in the chair and look at the screen and go on a roller coaster ride or fly through the air and the seat moves along with what is happening on the screen.




With all of the tickets they won at the games Josef got a little outside rubber ball, a crazy straw and some candy. Katriana got a little squishy soccer ball, a fancy "diamond" ring in a plastic heart case, and some candy. They were both very satisified and happy!

Tomorrow Josef goes to the doctor for his well child exam. I am afraid he will need some shots and I hope he can just grin and bear it. We'll see...

Even with all of the trials and tribulations Josef can bring - his bright blue eyes and happy grin make it all worth it. Sometimes I want him to stay little forever, but it does bring my heart happiness to watch him learn and grow.

Happy Birthday Big Boy!!! Mommy loves you!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad my Godson had a great birthday! I can't wait to smother him with hugs and presents!

Joey said...

I so know what you mean about loving to watch them grown and learn, but at the same time wanting them to stay little. That looks like a great little birthday celebration!

Little wonders said...

I have so many pictures of Isabelle in that car with Chuck E. when she was Gretchen's age. It looks like it was a great day! I also want my kids to stay little, but it is fun to watch them grow up...Isabelle just amazes me, she's reading like a pro. And Noah makes me laugh out loud every day! Happy Birthday Josef!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to the newest little four year old! Josef is such a GREAT KID! /looks like you had a blast! Good luck at the doctor.

Anonymous said...

What fun!! Happy birthday to a wonderful big boy-FOUR YEARS OLD!