Sunday, May 10, 2009

Our New Home in Kronungen

Tomorrow we are moving into our new home in Kronungen. It is a little country village and is all residential with no shops - not even a backerei! But we are close to other towns that have those necessities. We are living in the area called "Am Ring". There are 2 buildings with 3 condos each that are reserved for field grade officers and then there are other condos in the area for enlisted soldiers. There will be lots of kids around for Katriana and Josef to play with. One of our neighbors, a chaplain, has a 6-year-old daughter so his wife is very happy that her daughter has a girl to play with that is the same age. There are all boys around, so now the two girls can play.

We chose the condo on the end so we would have more windows. I need to have windows for light and air. The middle condo was also very nice but we would not have the windows that I like. So, here are some pictures of our new home.











The inside has lots of rooms. The kitchen is quite small, which is common over here. It has three levels. In the lower level there is the laundry room, a storage room and a guest bedroom (or toy room for our needs) with a bathroom. On the middle level is the kitchen, the living room/dining room combo, a full bathroom and some other little spaces for things. On the top floor are 3 bedrooms - a master bedroom and 2 smaller bedrooms - and a full bathroom. I am thinking that Katriana and Gretchen can share a room. The only predicament we have to deal with for the bedrooms is the slanted ceilings from the roof! Makes it a little hard to place furniture with the slant. Also note that German homes do not have closets (we will have to use wardrobes) and do not have bathroom cabinets . We will have to get creative in making this house a home!















This house reminds me a lot of our house back when we were in Germany the first time and lived in Vilshofen when Aaron was stationed in Hohenfels. We had less stuff then and no kids. Oh well. When in Germany live like the Germans! It will be a fun living experience!

6 comments:

Grandma Hedy said...

Your new house looks very nice. It will be great once you get your own things and make it your home. How wonderful for the kids that they will be able to have friends and playmates close by. Get ready for summer splashing parties in the little swimming pool!

Little wonders said...

I like it!! It's great that Katriana will have a friend close to her age. Also great to hear that there are a lot of boys!!! Yay for Josef!! It is so nice to have kids close by to play with. I'm so glad everything is working out so well for you.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I am sure that you will have your new place looking like home in no time. Congrats also on the driver's license - your cram session before it won't go to waste - I can tell that you will be taking many cool family excursions during your stay..We can't wait to read about them! So happy to hear all is well.

Andi said...

So happy that you're moving into your new home. Just think about all the happiness that you will have there in the years to come!

Joey said...

I can't wait to see what it looks like after you've moved in. I bet you can't wait to be settled again.

The Gross Clan ... Autism and all said...

WOW..... awesome house! I think I'd like to move there ;) I can't wait to see more pics as the time goes by there. I remember seeing pics in your photo albums of your first place in Germany with the three floors and I too thought of that when I saw these pics. You missed a HUGE thunderstorm last night here in WI. Have a wonderful day!