Now that we are living in our house in Kronungen, I don't have access to a phone or Internet. The library on post is the only place I can go to check on things once in awhile. Aaron is home now so I grabbed the opportunity to head to Ledward Barracks to check my messages on the library computer.
We have signed up to get Internet and phone through Deutsche Telekom, but the Germans like to take things slow. In the states you are all hooked up within a few days usually, but here we have to wait for the letter to come in the German mail giving us our activation date. Once we have the letter we head downtown to the Deutsche Telekom office and show the letter to them and then we can get the DSL box. Once that is done a guy will come out to our house to set things up. This process takes two weeks or more!! So we are waiting and waiting and waiting....
I have more pictures and stories I would love to share (you have to see how German recycling works) but I can't download any photos on this computer. So again you will just have to wait.
Sometimes the waiting game is just not fun.
5 comments:
I get antsy if our internet goes out for a couple of hours. I can imagine how frustrated you are!
Thanks for the update. Hope things are going well at your new house. Like Joey said...I would go crazy without internet.
You're right, waiting is no fun! At least you can go explore while you are without the internet. I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures and reading your stories!
Your photos and updates are worth the wait!
I too feel lost without our highspeed internet - but while on vacation recently, I actually started to enjoy the free time and was sad coming home to our hectic "normal" lifestyle.
It will be so nice when you are connected again.
Post a Comment