Monday, December 29, 2008

A Snow Day

A beautiful, not-so-cold day came upon us so we just had to get outside and play in the snow! Our piles of snow were so huge that when I stepped into them I would sink down to my waist. Sinking snow makes it difficult to pull the kids around in sleds, but we made do with the huge snow hill in our front yard.


Our snow day just would not be a snow day without building "Frosty"! Too bad he couldn't stay around too long though - the next day he was just a big puddle....



We've already gotten 42 inches of snow and winter just started! And there is much more snow to come.

Duck! Here comes a snowball!!!

4 comments:

Little wonders said...

I love the snowman! We don't get much snow down here. Hopefully this year we'll get enough to make a snowman....who knows...it's been in the 60's and 70's for the past week!

Joey said...

That is such a great snowman! It is so nice that it has warmed up a bit and we can finally play outside a little.

Anonymous said...

That is a HUGE pile of snow you have. Yicks! Glad you had a great day to play outside.

Anonymous said...

There must be some magic in Katriana's and Josef's hat. I am glad that they shared it with huge Frosty.