Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Building For Kids

This past Sunday we took a trip to the Building For Kids also called the children's museum. They had advertised in the paper awhile ago about this "winter wonderland" they had created. Usually they pay to have different displays come, but being in these tough economic times, they decided to create a display of their own. We had not been there for quite some time so we decided to go check it out!

I have to say, that the "winter wonderland" did not meet up to my expecations at all. You could definitely tell that they had created it! We were all a bit let down by it, but still found some fun in the display.


They had a few different characters where you could stick your head in. Here, Josef is going snowboarding! He looks like a pro.


Katriana went ice skating on the ice rink. She was a little disappointed it wasn't very slippery, but she still had fun twirling!


Gretchen really loved the little snow slide that was just her size!


There was a little pea pod teeter-totter in the toddler area that Gretchen took a liking to!


There were different crafts you could do in the Da Vinci room. We chose to make some masks!! They are oh so sparkly!




Of course, the water room is always a big hit! Isn't Gretchen the cutest in the little raincoat!! Splish splash.



This was most likely our last visit to the museum before we move! One last hurrah at the Building For Kids!

5 comments:

Joey said...

What fun!! You've been taking the kids to do so many fun things. I wish we could play with you too.

Anonymous said...

I love the masks. And would love to see the kids twirling on the "ice". What a fun place.

Anonymous said...

Just think of all the new exciting places you will get to go!!!

Little wonders said...

I wonder if that is the same museum as the one we went to with Andi and Derek? I think it is. The kids look like they had a great time! I like the masks too.

Anonymous said...

That place looks like so much fun! Nice and warm for skating and boarding too. I'd spend the afternoon playing in the water.