Friday, March 6, 2009

Finished Masterpieces

A few days ago I wrote about our pottery painting adventure at Oh What A Dish. We picked up our finished pieces this past Wednesday after they had been glazed and fired. Here you will find the before and after pictures of our personalized plates! They turned out very cute and the kids were excited to see how they turned out! It was a very fun project for us.


Katriana's plate before it was fired.....


Her colorful, beautiful plate now!


Here is Josef's plate before it went to the kiln....


And his finished plate! I love how the different vehicles look.


Last, but not least, here is Gretchen's plate before it was glazed and fired...


And her cute little plate now.


You can see how bright and vibrant the colors are now! I don't know if the kids should eat on them or if I should display them! What do you think?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the plates would make great wall art!! This would be a wonderful way to encourage creativity.

Anonymous said...

Put them to use! I bet vegetables taste better on a special plate...

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW! Really cool. They turned out great. I'll bet the kids were so proud.

Joey said...

When I was in grade school in art class, I never trusted that the colors would change like they said. My pot would have such beautiful colors before it was fired and be so ugly afterward. You guys did a great job!

Little wonders said...

They turned out wonderful!! I would definitely display them.